Weather Delays Driver Arrival to Talladega
TALLADEGA, Al.— Weather not only played a role in on-track activity on Friday at Talladega Superspeedway, but it also played a role in many drivers arriving to the track on Friday.
In an effort to save on costs, many teams decide to stay in Charlotte, North Carolina an extra day due to on-track activity for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series slated during the afternoon. However, rain in the Charlotte and Talladega area caused flight delays for many drivers.
Jamie McMurray had to hitch a ride with Kyle Busch to Talladega:
Kurt Busch was also one of the drivers delayed in Charlotte. Busch was slated to be in the deadline room at Talladega at 12:45 p.m. EST, but was pushed back to after 3:00 p.m. EST.
Although rain hampered on-track activity and team arrival on Friday, the rest of the weekend is scheduled to have sunshine and blue skies.
I am 19 years old from Atlanta, GA. I have been following motorsports since I was born. Motorsports has been "passed down" in my family. I am named after NASCAR Hall of Famer, William Caleb Yarborough, also known as Cale. Growing up in the southeast, racing was something that was a Sunday tradition after church. What an honor it is to share that passion with others.
Latest from Caleb Whisler
- NXS: AJ Allmendinger wins Alsco 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- NXS: Austin Cindric captures his first Xfinity Series title at Phoenix Raceway
- NXS: Harrison Burton becomes the youngest winner at Martinsville Speedway
- NGOTS: Brett Moffitt punches ticket to Phoenix with win at Kansas
- NXS: AJ Allmendinger wins at rainy Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval