Albertsons Companies to End NASCAR Program This Year
Albertsons Companies announced today a decision to terminate their NASCAR program at the conclusion of 2016. The company is currently a partner with Richard Petty Motorsports, supporting Boise-native Brian Scott and the No. 44 team.
"Local sports sponsorships are an important part of our marketing strategy in communities across the country," said Albertsons Companies Chief Marketing and Merchandising Officer Shane Sampson. "While we have decided to focus our investments elsewhere in 2017, we appreciate the work that Brian, Richard Petty Motorsports and the entire No. 44 team put forth for Albertsons Companies this year, and we wish them the very best in the future."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Pit Pay announces Pit Pay Pole Challenge
- Entry Deadline For 2020 Lucas Oil Tulsa Shootout Is Approaching
- Atlanta Motor Speedway’s Ed Clark wins 2019 O. Bruton Smith Award
- Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals Early Entry Deadline Approaching Fast
- South Carolina NASCAR Fan Joe Vaughn, Project HOPE Foundation Win The NASCAR Foundation’s 9th Annual Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award
More in this category: « Richard Petty Motorsports Driver Brian Scott Announces Retirement Sting to Headline NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards in Las Vegas »