Albertsons Companies to End NASCAR Program This Year
Albertsons Companies announced today a decision to terminate their NASCAR program at the conclusion of 2016. The company is currently a partner with Richard Petty Motorsports, supporting Boise-native Brian Scott and the No. 44 team.
"Local sports sponsorships are an important part of our marketing strategy in communities across the country," said Albertsons Companies Chief Marketing and Merchandising Officer Shane Sampson. "While we have decided to focus our investments elsewhere in 2017, we appreciate the work that Brian, Richard Petty Motorsports and the entire No. 44 team put forth for Albertsons Companies this year, and we wish them the very best in the future."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Richmond Raceway & Virginia Lottery Partner for Concert Series at Virginia Credit Union LIVE
- The BIGGEST Party in the South Returns – the “Big One on the Blvd.” at Talladega Superspeedway – with Blasts from the Past!
- Flores missing qualifying on Friday at Atlantic City but still plans to win on Saturday
- Kurt Busch Continues Commitment to Veterans and Active Duty Servicemembers Through Race Ticket Giveaway Program
- RCR Names Andy Street as No. 21 NXS Crew Chief
More in this category: « Richard Petty Motorsports Driver Brian Scott Announces Retirement Sting to Headline NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards in Las Vegas »