Albertsons Companies to End NASCAR Program This Year
Albertsons Companies announced today a decision to terminate their NASCAR program at the conclusion of 2016. The company is currently a partner with Richard Petty Motorsports, supporting Boise-native Brian Scott and the No. 44 team.
"Local sports sponsorships are an important part of our marketing strategy in communities across the country," said Albertsons Companies Chief Marketing and Merchandising Officer Shane Sampson. "While we have decided to focus our investments elsewhere in 2017, we appreciate the work that Brian, Richard Petty Motorsports and the entire No. 44 team put forth for Albertsons Companies this year, and we wish them the very best in the future."
« Richard Petty Motorsports Driver Brian Scott Announces Retirement Sting to Headline NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards in Las Vegas »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Racing is cancelled this Saturday, August 8 at Mahoning Valley Speedway due to track washout from recent rainfall
- Toyota Statement on Erik Jones
- Joe Gibbs Racing and Erik Jones to Part Ways Upon Conclusion of 2020 NASCAR Season
- The Birthplace of Speed – Daytona Beach - Welcomes Road Course Racing in the 1930s as NASCAR Founder Bill France Sr. Begins Promotion of a Sport he loves
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health honored in "NASCAR hauler salute to healthcare heroes powered by Verizon"