With top-10 finishes in two out of his three NASCAR Sprint Cup starts at Talladaga Superspeedway, this weekend’s Alabama 500 could be the race when Motorcraft/Quick Lane team driver Ryan Blaney breaks through for his first premiere series victory.
In May, Blaney started 19th, avoided major damage from wrecks and charged his way to ninth by the time the checkered flag flew. A year earlier, he qualified third and finished fourth. In the 2015 fall race at Talladega, Blaney had engine trouble and finished last.
If he makes it to victory circle at Talladega, the rookie driver will give the Wood Brothers their sixth win there to go with their 18 top five and 31 top-10 finishes in 87 attempts.
“Talladega is unpredictable but we have always had fast cars there. It's all about picking your spots and taking advantage when an opportunity presents itself. We will go there and try to win.” -- Ryan Blaney
Ford Performance PR
Past Success at Talladega Gives Blaney, Motorcraft/Quick Lane Team Confidence
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- St. Louis’ OUTFRONT Media to sponsor Friday’s USAC Silver Crown Series race at WWTR during Bommarito Automotive Group 500 INDYCAR Weekend
- Petty GMS Race Preview: Richmond Raceway II
- Spectator Drags & Seven Divisions Ready for Macon Speedway Saturday
- Austin Wayne Self | AM Racing Richmond Raceway August Preview
- ARCA Menards Series 1000th Race Set for Next Saturday at Evergreen Speedway