Aric Almirola Heads to New Hampshire after Strong Showing in Kentucky
The No. 43 Smithfield Ford was fast at Kentucky Speedway this past weekend. A fuel mileage game that saw Aric Almirola run out of gas coming to the white flag thwarted what would have been a Top-Five finish, but it was the team's strongest intermediate race of the 2016 season. Finding momentum from Kentucky and the previous weekend in Daytona, Almirola will head to New Hampshire looking to continue running with the leaders. Almirola's participation in the tire test at New Hampshire earlier this year will prove to be advantageous. The takeaways from the test session will be invaluable as the team carries on the charge to turn around the season and make gains in the Championship Point Standings.
"I think our No. 43 Smithfield Ford team is re-energized after our race last weekend," said Almirola. "We didn't get the finish that we wanted because the race came down to fuel mileage but were moving up through the field all night and running in the Top 10. My Crew Chief Trent Owens and our guys have worked hard to get this season headed in a positive direction, and I think we're definitely getting it turned around. New Hampshire is a decent track for me; I've had strong finishes there in the past. We brought our whole road crew to the tire test here earlier this year, and I think our notes from that will really help us this weekend. I'm looking forward to unloading on Friday to see where we stand. Hopefully, we'll have a good race."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- CITGO Petroleum Corporation to Back John Hunter Nemechek in Rookie Season
- Richmond Raceway & Virginia Lottery Partner for Concert Series at Virginia Credit Union LIVE
- The BIGGEST Party in the South Returns – the “Big One on the Blvd.” at Talladega Superspeedway – with Blasts from the Past!
- Flores missing qualifying on Friday at Atlantic City but still plans to win on Saturday
- Kurt Busch Continues Commitment to Veterans and Active Duty Servicemembers Through Race Ticket Giveaway Program
More in this category: « Brandeis Machinery Joins BK Racing, David Ragan at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Thrivent Racing: Michael McDowell Finds Inspiration Within Race Team »