Weather Cancels All Star Qualifying
Due to a pop-up shower, NASCAR has cancelled Sprint All Star Race qualifying, one of the most anticipated qualifying sessions of the year. The field will be set per the rule book, resulting in Kevin Harvick starting from pole position. Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards, and Jimmie Johnson round out the top-5.
A severe thunderstorm warning was posted for the Charlotte Motor Speedway area until 7:45 pm.
NASCAR will make every attempt to get the All Star race in its entirety.
The Sprint All Star Race will begin at 9 pm eastern on Fox Sports 1, weather pending.
I am 19 years old from Atlanta, GA. I have been following motorsports since I was born. Motorsports has been "passed down" in my family. I am named after NASCAR Hall of Famer, William Caleb Yarborough, also known as Cale. Growing up in the southeast, racing was something that was a Sunday tradition after church. What an honor it is to share that passion with others.
Latest from Caleb Whisler
- NXS: AJ Allmendinger wins Alsco 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- NXS: Austin Cindric captures his first Xfinity Series title at Phoenix Raceway
- NXS: Harrison Burton becomes the youngest winner at Martinsville Speedway
- NGOTS: Brett Moffitt punches ticket to Phoenix with win at Kansas
- NXS: AJ Allmendinger wins at rainy Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval