Almirola Looking to Race into the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race
The No. 43 Smithfield Ford team will race in Friday night's Sprint Showdown for a chance to compete in the All-Star Race the following night. Aric Almirola will have three opportunities to win a segment of the Showdown and advance to the All-Star Race. Drivers can also advance to the All-Star Race by winning the Sprint Fan Vote. Fans can vote online for Almirola daily. Coming off of a tough finish in Dover after getting caught up in an 18-car accident, Almirola is looking for a strong run at Charlotte Motor Speedway to gain momentum for the following weekend's Coca-Cola 600 and the following weeks of the 2016 season.
"It's always fun racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway. We would have liked to already qualify for the Sprint All-Star Race with a win, but the Showdown is a great opportunity for our team to show the fans and our competitors in the garage what we can do. Being able to race our way in would be great momentum for our team going into both the All-Star Race and the Coca-Cola 600 the next weekend. I've run well in the Showdown in the past, so I feel confident that our team can get there and we race under the lights on Saturday night."
« Brian Scott Ready to Race His Way into All-Star Race The Wood Brothers’ And Michael Waltrip’s All-Star Victory »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Eddie Tafoya impressive during Indiana Sprint Week -- headed back for Smackdown
- Self Makes it a 2020 DAYTONA Sweep, Winning Historical Road Course Race
- Andretti Blazes Top ‘Fast Friday’ Lap since 1996 as Andretti Autosport Flexes Muscle
- Fans Can Enjoy Indy 500 Qualifying on NBC Sports, Pennzoil INDYCAR Radio Network
- New COVID-Safe Tour Offers Fans Unique Way to Visit Charlotte Motor Speedway