David Ragan Scores Top-20 at Dover
David Ragan, driver of the No. 23 Dr Pepper Toyota Camry, scored a top-20 following the AAA 400 at Dover International Speedway.
"I'm proud of the work that our BK Racing team did today," Ragan said. "We worked hard all day and learned a lot that we will be able to use when we come back here in the fall. I'd like to say a huge thank you to Dr Pepper for their continued support of our team."
After starting in the 27th position, Ragan reported to crew chief Patrick Donahue that his car was very tight and a plan was formulated for the first pit stop to adjust the handling.
The "big one" occurred at Lap 356 and swept up 18 cars in the melee. Ragan sustained mild damage to the nose and rear of the No. 23 Dr Pepper Camry. Quick action by the pit crew allowed him to stay in contention for the closing laps of the AAA 400. One final caution slowed the race and allowed Ragan and team to continue to work on the car. As the checkered flag flew, Ragan brought home a 17th place finish for the No.23 BK Racing team.
Ragan's finish at Dover adds to BK Racing's top-25 tally, which now stands at six for the season, marked improvement over previous seasons.
Ragan and the No. 23 team have two weeks off from travel as racing heads to Charlotte Motor Speedway next weekend in which they will race Friday night in the Sprint Showdown in hopes to advance into the Sprint All-Star on Saturday night.
BK Racing PR
« Twisted Tea Gives Boaters the Chance to Win a Custom Forest River Pontoon Boat 20th Place Finish for CSLFR at Dover »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dixon Climbs to Top of Speed Chart as 'Fast Friday' Looms Large at Indy
- AdventHealth Daytona Beach honored in NASCAR hauler salute to healthcare heroes Powered by Verizon
- AM Racing, Austin Wayne Self ready to tackle Daytona Road Course
- Rimrock Companies joins GFR as an associate sponsor at Daytona Road Course
- Temecula Road to Perform National Anthem for UNOH 188 at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday, Aug. 15