"I love Homestead. I think it's awesome. I don't know what it is about it. I think it's partly because it's the last race of the year. Everybody just seems to be in a different mood down there. Obviously, you have guys going for the championship and everybody else like us just trying to get as many points as possible for the end of the year. But for me, it's still super relaxed.
"As for the track itself, I think it's one of the raciest tracks we go to. I'm looking forward to getting our Speed Stick Ford on track. The tires wear out. You start on the bottom to middle of the track and work your way up to the wall, and everyone runs up there. You've got to keep your car out of the wall to be good for the end of the race. There's just a lot of factors at Homestead that I think make it a great racetrack."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has two Sprint Cup career starts at Homestead Miami Speedway ... His top finish at the 1.5-mile oval is 26th (2014) ... Speed Stick returns to the No. 35 as primary sponsor for Sunday's race ... Whitt will sign autographs at the Ford Performance display on Friday at 2:15 p.m. with his Front Row Motorsports teammates ... The driver will be at the Florida Lottery display Saturday at 11:15 a.m.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Ford EcoBoost 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Ten thousand reasons to battle in the eighth Nut Up Short Track Shootout at Madera
- Cole Custer Tackling Talladega
- Nemechek Ready for Another Talladega Top-10 with Speedy Cash
- Hendrick Motorsports elevates Jeff Andrews and Chad Knaus into new leadership roles
- HOMEGROWN HERO: Albany-Saratoga DIRTcar Pro Stock Racer Gears Up to Kick Off OktoberFAST at Home Track