Ryan Blaney and the No. 21 Snap-on Ford Fusion will start Sunday’s AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway from the 25th starting position, but team co-owner Eddie Wood is confident that the Snap-on Fusion won’t stay there for long.
“We will be fine in the race,” Wood said. “The Snap-on Ford is really good when it comes to a race set-up. We were just a little too loose in the first lap of qualifying, especially in turns one and two.”
Blaney wound up making a second run on the clock during qualifying and improved his time, but he ended up just 0.008 of a second shy of posting the 24th-fastest speed, which would have allowed him to advance to the second of three rounds of knock-out qualifying. His official speed in qualifying was 195.525 miles per hour.
Friday’s practice session was a different story altogether, as Blaney was seventh fastest with a best lap at 195.879 mph.
“We were really good in practice,” Wood said. “We’re all looking forward to practice on Saturday and the race on Sunday.”
Wood Brothers Racing PR
Blaney To Start 25th At Texas
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- New COVID-Safe Tour Offers Fans Unique Way to Visit Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Another Chapter: NASCAR Legend Bobby Allison Wins Final Stock Car Race on DAYTONA Road Course Prior to This Weekend’s Historic NASCAR Return
- Sprints, Modifieds, and Late Models Ready for Sunday Night in Terre Haute
- Rain Cancels Mopar Night at Kingsport Speedway
- Brandon Sheppard Wins Herald & Review 100 at Macon