No. 55 David Ragan/Aaron's Dream Machine Kansas Preview
“Time is running out in the season and we still have a lot of things we want to accomplish,” said Ragan who saw a broken jack and engine problems ruin a potential top-10 finish with 50 laps left in Sunday’s race at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Ragan cited teammate Clint Bowyer’s 11th-place finish combined with what could have been for the No. 55 team as proof Michael Waltrip Racing continues to field competitive cars.
“The race shop keeps building good cars and I gained a bunch of spots in the pits Sunday so you can see our pit crew remains as fast as anyone this season,” said Ragan.
“Whether you are racing for the title, trophies or just a job next season there’s something on the line for everyone. The people at Michael Waltrip Racing have a lot of pride and I think that’s showing in the performance each weekend. We really want to get a win. That would be the perfect way to go out.”
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- “Drydene 400” NASCAR Cup Series race set for Sunday, May 16 at Dover International Speedway
- 2021 NASCAR Cup Series race date at Nashville Superspeedway set for Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20
- Statement from Marcus Smith on 2021 NASCAR Schedule
- LVMS announces NASCAR Cup dates for 2021
- NASCAR Cup Series set to return to Auto Club Speedway, February 28, 2021