Statement from Jamie McMurray regarding the passing of his niece Lauren Montez
I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to all of the friends and fans for the thoughts and prayers to our family, following the loss of my niece Lauren, who passed away last Sunday Oct. 4.
Lauren was the inspiration behind my becoming involved with Autism awareness and the work that we have done through the Jamie McMurray Foundation with Autism Speaks. My sister Trisha and our entire family appreciate the respect of privacy during this difficult time.
In lieu of cards or flowers, donations can be made in honor of Lauren Montez to the Jamie McMurray Foundation – 130 Infield Court, Mooresville, NC 28117 or online at www.jamiemcmurray.com/foundation.
Jamie McMurray PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Jeff Strunk wins Freedom 76, the 50th annual for the eighth time at Grandview Speedway
- Josh Harris Wins Hope for Harlie Finale at Cedar Ridge Speedway
- Sam Hafertepe, Jr. Charges To Third $10,000 Hockett/McMillin Memorial Victory!
- Almirola Finishes Solid Fifth at Bristol
- RCR Post Race Report - Bass Pro Shops Night Race