Almirola and the No. 43 Smithfield Ford Team Look for Third Consecutive Top-10 this Weekend at Loudon
Aric Almirola and the No. 43 Smithfield team posted their second consecutive Top-10 last weekend in Chicago and look to keep up the streak this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. With a focus on consistency this season, the team has proved fruitful by posting three Top-10 and 15 Top-15 finishes in 27 races this season. The consistency finds Almirola in the 16th spot in the Championship Point Standings with a 30 point cushion.
On a streak, @Aric_Almirola & #43 @SmithfieldBrand team look for 3rd consecutive #Top10 finish this wknd at @NHMS. #NASCAR
On a streak, @Aric Almirola and the No. 43 @Smithfield Ford team look for their third consecutive Top-10 finish this weekend at @New Hampshire Motor Speedway after scoring a fourth-place finish at Richmond and 10th-place finish at Chicago.
"We showed last weekend that we could be a spoiler in this Chase and are working hard to keep that going. We've been very consistent this year, scoring Top-15 finishes in over half the races, but now, we are working on making those Top-15 finishes Top-10s. We've done that the past few weeks. If we continue to make the best out of our cars and work toward getting those Top-Fives and Top-10s, hopefully a win will be right around the corner. A win is a win no matter what time of year or whether you are competing for a Championship, and we sure would like to close out the year with a win."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Richmond Raceway & Virginia Lottery Partner for Concert Series at Virginia Credit Union LIVE
- The BIGGEST Party in the South Returns – the “Big One on the Blvd.” at Talladega Superspeedway – with Blasts from the Past!
- Flores missing qualifying on Friday at Atlantic City but still plans to win on Saturday
- Kurt Busch Continues Commitment to Veterans and Active Duty Servicemembers Through Race Ticket Giveaway Program
- RCR Names Andy Street as No. 21 NXS Crew Chief
More in this category: « Shaw's Returns to the No. 9 Ford at Loudon Clint Bowyer No. 15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota New Hampshire II Preview »