Tommy Baldwin Racing Pays Tribute to "Tiger" Tom Baldwin at Darlington Raceway
Speedway Digest Staff Thursday, Sep 03 3680
Tommy Baldwin Racing announced today that the No. 7 Chevrolet will be a throwback to Baldwin's racing roots and honor the memory of his dad, the late "Tiger" Tom Baldwin. The car design, with driver Alex Bowman behind the wheel, replicates the NASCAR Modified No. 7NY that Tom raced successfully throughout the Northeast.
"I'm grateful to Darlington Raceway and NASCAR for creating the 'throwback' theme," said Tommy Baldwin. "My dad had a great influence on my career, where I started working in his shop and later became his crew chief. That ultimately led to where I am today. Having the opportunity to pay tribute to him and say 'thank you' means a lot to me and my family."
This weekend, the Bojangles Southern 500 at Darlington returns to its traditional spot on the calendar for some exciting night racing.
Speedway Digest Staff
Follow us on Twitter @SpeedwayDigest
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Troy Talman Set to Collect First SK ModifiedR Victory at Stafford With Casella Waste Systems as Primary Sponsor
- Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway Gears Up For 2023 Season Opener
- Austin Cindric Circuit of The Americas Transcript
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes - Circuit of The Americas
- Stewart-Haas Racing: COTA NXS Advance (Cole Custer | Riley Herbst)