"I've never been to Darlington -- never seen the place -- but I'm kind of excited about it. It's seems like a really cool racetrack and I think it will be a lot of fun. You run right up by the fence there. That's where the most speed is. So, I'm looking forward to it, even though I don't know really what to expect. But it should be fun."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday's Southern 500 will be Moffitt's first appearance in his racing career at Darlington Raceway ... Moffitt earned the Sunoco Rookie of the Race award at Bristol Motor Speedway Aug. 22 and now leads the Rookie of the Year campaign by nine points ... The Dockside Logistics colors return to the No. 34 Ford for the Labor Day weekend race.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports Southern 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- New COVID-Safe Tour Offers Fans Unique Way to Visit Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Another Chapter: NASCAR Legend Bobby Allison Wins Final Stock Car Race on DAYTONA Road Course Prior to This Weekend’s Historic NASCAR Return
- Sprints, Modifieds, and Late Models Ready for Sunday Night in Terre Haute
- Rain Cancels Mopar Night at Kingsport Speedway
- Brandon Sheppard Wins Herald & Review 100 at Macon