Aric Almirola is under the weather today with what the team hopes is a 24-hour virus. In an effort to allow Almirola to rest and recover, two-time NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Champion Matt Crafton has been tapped to practice the No. 43 Armour Ford today at Michigan International Speedway. The plan is for Almirola to make limited laps in practice in order to qualify the car today and retain his starting spot in Sunday's race. Updates will be distributed as more information is available.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- AAN Adjusters Signs Multi-Race Sponsorship Deal With Tommy Joe Martins and Martins Motorsports for 2020 NASCAR Xfinity Series Season
- New year, new amenities: Bristol Motor Speedway to enhance guest raceday experience with fan friendly upgrades and concepts
- Drydene Xtreme DIRTcar Series Event at Cochran Canceled, Cherokee Set for Sunday
- Martins Motorsports renews partnership with Gilreath Farms Red Angus
- Christopher Bell ready for Daytona 500 debut with Procore
More in this category: « KHI Management inks multi-year agreement for Kevin Harvick with New Era cap Seventh Annual NASCAR After The Lap® Event And Sweepstakes Returns »