Aric Almirola is under the weather today with what the team hopes is a 24-hour virus. In an effort to allow Almirola to rest and recover, two-time NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Champion Matt Crafton has been tapped to practice the No. 43 Armour Ford today at Michigan International Speedway. The plan is for Almirola to make limited laps in practice in order to qualify the car today and retain his starting spot in Sunday's race. Updates will be distributed as more information is available.
Aric Almirola Under the Weather
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Jason Kitzmiller eyes back-to-back top-10s at Talladega Superspeedway
- New Tracks Join DIRTcar for 2021, Regions Updated
- $129,300 in Weekly Racing Bonus Awards Posted for 2021 Season at Stafford Speedway
- Five Things To Watch at Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
- Ford Looks to Continue Hot Streak at Talladega with 10th Win in Last Dozen Races; Mustang Mach-E All-Electric SUV to Serve as Pace Vehicle for GEICO 500