"I have a lot of history at Indy because I grew up in the area. I'm from California but I lived in Lebanon, Indiana, which is about 20 minutes north of Indy. I went to the speedway all the time because they had methanol in their pumps, and I used to get methanol for all my sprint cars there. So, I would drive in every two or three weeks, and I'd have the fuel drums in the back of my truck. And that's how I'd get my fuel for my sprint car races. So, it's kind of funny. I already know the place really well because I've been in there so much, but I don't necessarily know the track really well.
"It's a tough track. Every little detail is so important to get off the corners well there. I'm glad to have Speed Stick as a partner, for moments that matter like this."
JUST THE FACTS: Whitt has one prior Sprint Cup start at Indianapolis Motor Speedway (2014) ... Speed Stick returns as primary sponsor of the No. 35 Ford ... Fans can meet Whitt on Saturday at 4 p.m. at Kroger at 5718 Crawfordsville Road in Indianapolis.
Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Brickyard 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- March 7 Pennzoil 400 at LVMS is sold out
- Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series California Swing Called Off
- Football Standouts with Miami Ties – Dolphins’ Tua Tagovailoa and FOX NFL Analyst Jonathan Vilma - to Serve as Honorary Officials for Dixie Vodka 400
- World Wide Technology Raceway to host two job fairs in preparation for the 2021 season
- Parker Retzlaff chases first ARCA East top-five at Five Flags