Ty Dillon Drives SpongeBob SquarePants-themed Chevrolet to a 26th-place finish
Ty Dillon drove Circle Sport Racing's No. 33 Plankton Chevrolet SS to a 26th-place finish Saturday evening at Kansas Speedway. Sporting the character Plankton from the hit Nickelodeon television show SpongeBob SquarePants, Dillon qualified 32nd. In only his fourth-career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start, the 23-year-old driver managed to race in and around the top 25 for a majority of the 267-lap race. A two hour and 16-minute rain delay came at lap 99. When the race went back to green-flag conditions, Dillon and the No. 33 team fought a tight handling race car. For the remainder of the race, Dillon made adjustments to the track bar from inside the car and crew chief Slugger Labbe made appropriate adjustments on pit road. In the end, Dillon raced to a 26th-place finish. Dillon is scheduled to make two additional starts in the No. 33 Chevrolet SS next month at Pocono Raceway and Michigan International Speedway.
Start - 32 Finish - 26 Laps Led - 0 Points - N/A
Ty Dillon Quote:
"Each start I make in the Cup Series is a learning experience for me, and I learned a lot at Kansas. Just want to thank Slugger (Labbe, crew chief) and the team for all their hard work in getting the car ready and for their work on pit road during the race. We gained more than we lost during the race, which is a good thing. I'm looking forward to my next two starts in the No. 33 Chevrolet."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Sheppard siminar popular; Mahaney wins celebrity Kart Race; Dale Jarrett, Kyle Petty and MS Motorsports pagent on Saturday
- INDYCAR Drivers Challenging Deep Chili Bowl Field
- Deegan To Make Official Ford Debut In Mustang GT4 Featuring Throwback Paint Scheme Honoring Lyn St. James’ Breakout 1985 IMSA Campaign
- Bronson, Overton, Showers Jr. Take Sunshine Nats Night 1 Features
- Kaulig Racing Announces 2020 Crew Chief Line-Up