"I'm excited to be back at Front Row Motorsports and back in the car. Sitting on my couch was not very fun last weekend, so I'm excited about going to Kansas. The biggest thing for me is just getting more experience, and this week will be my first time ever on the track at Kansas. It's close to home for me, so I went to a few races there growing up, but I've never actually ran on the surface. We were pretty good at Vegas, so if it's anything like Vegas, we'll be good there as well.
"We'll be going to Lakeside Speedway with the Steve King Foundation on Thursday night, and the foundation will be on the car on Saturday for the race. It's a really great cause, helping to look out for the dirt racing community. That's what I grew up doing, so it really hits close to home. I'm looking forward to getting out there and enjoying some short-track dirt racing."
JUST THE FACTS: Saturday night's SpongeBob SquarePants 400 will be Moffitt's first appearance at Kansas Speedway ... The race will be the 22-year-old's third race with Front Row Motorsports this season ... The No. 34 team will carry a decal promoting the Steve King Foundation, named after a Kansas sprint car driver who died in a racing accident in 2006 ... The foundation comes to the aid of community racing families in need ... Moffitt will sign autographs at the Steve King Foundation trailer at Lakeside Speedway on Thursday from 7 to 8 p.m.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports SpongeBob SquarePants 400 Race Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Kevin Adams Wins UMP Modified Winternationals Finale by .037 at East Bay
- Jarvis Inherits Top Starting Spot for Sunday’s Motul Pole Award 100 at the DAYTONA Road Course
- Duane Howard set for Grandview season, some changes for 602 sportsman
- Drake Troutman Steals Round 4 of UMP Modified Winternationals at East Bay
- UMP Modified Chassis Brands Ready to Square-Off at 50th DIRTcar Nationals