In light of the recent departure of Kevin "Bono" Manion, Tommy Baldwin Racing (TBR) has announced that team owner Tommy Baldwin will assume the role as crew chief of the No. 7 Chevrolet, for driver Alex Bowman.
"I'm very happy for Bono; we've been friends a long time, and I wish him nothing but the best," said Baldwin. "Climbing atop the pit box is somewhat of a familiar role for me and I look forward to working with Alex."
Baldwin, in his seventh year of a being a Sprint Cup Series team owner, is no stranger to the position - having numerous wins and a Daytona 500 championship in 2002.
Baldwin's return will take effect immediately.
Baldwin Returns to Pit Box at Kansas
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- McDowell Looks to Secure Playoff Birth with Chicago Pneumatic Compressors at Daytona
- Daniel Suarez CommScope Driver Sees Opportunity in Daytona Road Course
- Macon Speedway Ready For 40th Herald & Review 100 Thursday
- Victory Glass: Unique Trophy Awaits Winner of Historic Go Bowling 235 At DAYTONA Road Course this Sunday
- Pennzoil AutoFair Fall Event Canceled