In light of the recent departure of Kevin "Bono" Manion, Tommy Baldwin Racing (TBR) has announced that team owner Tommy Baldwin will assume the role as crew chief of the No. 7 Chevrolet, for driver Alex Bowman.
"I'm very happy for Bono; we've been friends a long time, and I wish him nothing but the best," said Baldwin. "Climbing atop the pit box is somewhat of a familiar role for me and I look forward to working with Alex."
Baldwin, in his seventh year of a being a Sprint Cup Series team owner, is no stranger to the position - having numerous wins and a Daytona 500 championship in 2002.
Baldwin's return will take effect immediately.
Baldwin Returns to Pit Box at Kansas
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Natalie Decker Teams With Ken Schrader Racing And FURY Race Cars For ARCA Season Opener at Daytona
- Mosack to drive KBR SLM at New Symrna
- 2020 American Sprint Car Series Membership Now Open
- Michael Self to Pilot Sinclair Oil Corporation Toyota Camry for Venturini Motorsports in 2020
- Brock to join SBS title chase in 2020