In light of the recent departure of Kevin "Bono" Manion, Tommy Baldwin Racing (TBR) has announced that team owner Tommy Baldwin will assume the role as crew chief of the No. 7 Chevrolet, for driver Alex Bowman.
"I'm very happy for Bono; we've been friends a long time, and I wish him nothing but the best," said Baldwin. "Climbing atop the pit box is somewhat of a familiar role for me and I look forward to working with Alex."
Baldwin, in his seventh year of a being a Sprint Cup Series team owner, is no stranger to the position - having numerous wins and a Daytona 500 championship in 2002.
Baldwin's return will take effect immediately.
Baldwin Returns to Pit Box at Kansas
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Perris Auto Speedway IMCA and PASSCAR April 17 Results
- NASCAR at COTA what they're saying
- Tickets on Sale for May 22 ARCA Menards Series Herr's Potato Chips 200 at Toledo Speedway
- No. 10 Smithfield Ford Racing: Aric Almirola Talladega 1 Advance
- Dover International Speedway can host fans during its May 14-16 NASCAR tripleheader weekend