Stenhouse Jr. Looks to Join Elite Group of Multiple Series Winners at Texas
During the 2012 O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 NXS race, the final restart set up a six-lap shootout where Stenhouse started on the inside row and fought off a late race charge by veteran Sprint Cup driver Denny Hamlin to build a 12-car length advantage over Hamlin when he took the checkered flag.
“Texas is one of my favorite tracks,” Stenhouse said. “Roush Fenway as an organization has had a lot of success at Texas and it would be a great achievement to add my name to the list of only a few drivers that have won in both the XFINITY series and Cup series at Texas. Hopefully we can get another win for the Roush Fenway organization this weekend.”
Roush Fenway and Jeff Burton won the inaugural NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event at Texas in 1997 where he led 60 laps in the victory. Mark Martin kept the Roush Fenway streak alive the following year when he claimed the second victory at Texas.Roush Fenway has started 120 NSCS races at Texas, recording a total of nine victories, 38 top-five finishes, 59 top-10 finishes; an average finish of 14.8 and has led 2,502 laps. Greg Biffle, who boasts three NASCAR wins at TMS, earned Roush Fenway’s most recent victory at Texas in the April 2012 event.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Bronson Sweeps, Leyendecker and Sparkman Win at Volusia
- Kyle Larson Wins The 34th annual Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals presented by General Tire
- Toyota Captures Sixth Straight Chili Bowl Crown
- Ms. Motorsports announced, Jarrett and Petty well received, Motorsports Show closes Sunday
- Bronson, Showers and Chancey Win Night 2 of Sunshine Nats