Roush Fenway Places Two Fords in 2014 Chase for Sprint Cup
Roush Fenway Racing will be represented by Greg Biffle and Carl Edwards in the 2014 ‘Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup’, marking the 11thtime in 11 seasons of the Chase the organization has fielded multiple entries in the NASCAR Sprint Cup ‘playoff’ field.
Biffle qualified for the Chase based on point’s position, after finishing top 10 in five of the last six regular season races. It marks the sixth time in the last seven seasons the two-time NASCAR Champion has qualified for the Chase and the seventh time in his career.
Edwards qualifies for this year’s ‘playoff’ based on 2014 wins at Bristol and Sonoma. It is the eighth career Chase appearance for Edwards and the seventh in the last eight seasons.
Roush Fenway placed a record five of 10 entries inside the 2005 Chase, including both Biffle and Edwards.
Roush Fenway has finished runner up in the Chase on two occasions, including 2005 when Biffle and Edwards tied for second in the final standings and in 2011 when Edwards tied for the points lead at the end of the 10-race Chase.
The Chase kicks off next week at Chicagoland Speedway and will feature four elimination rounds with the first cutoff coming after Dover when four drivers will be eliminated.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- McIntosh Dominates In USAC At Gas City I-69 Speedway
- Billy Whittaker Cars Leads Way in Sponsorship of OktoberFAST Divisions
- Big-Block Supermodifieds Return To Thompson For World Series
- Nevada Donor Network and Joey Gase Team Up To Raise Awareness for Organ Donation and Honor 12 Individuals
- Rowdy Energy to Sponsor Ken Gushi for Remainder of Formula Drift Pro Season