Heading into the last race before The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup begins, Marcos Ambrose and the No. 9 DEWALT Ford team should not be overlooked. Ambrose and the team have two Top-Five finishes at short tracks this year, and Ambrose has finished in the Top-Five before at Richmond. The team is more than capable of grabbing the last spot with a win this weekend.
Ambrose has 11 previous starts at the track with a best finish of fifth. He has a best finish of 15th with Richard Petty Motorsports, but, again, the team is strongest at short tracks this season.
It's the final chance for @MarcosAmbrose to get into The Chase. Read his thoughts here:
How @MarcosAmbroseFanPage feels going into the final race to make The Chase:
"For us, it comes down to Richmond. We hoped we weren't in this position and not have all this pressure, but we're in it to win it. That's what it's going to take for us, and that's what we're going to go and try to do. We are in that group of cars that have nothing left to chance but to just go for it.
"The last two weekends haven't been good for us, so hopefully we're due for some good luck. It's going to be a fast race, an aggressive race, and we're going to need everything to go our way this weekend. We want to be in position at the end, and that starts with good practice sessions, good qualifying and a good strategy during the race. Our team is plenty strong enough, and we can grab that final spot. It's our only goal this weekend."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- AAN Adjusters Signs Multi-Race Sponsorship Deal With Tommy Joe Martins and Martins Motorsports for 2020 NASCAR Xfinity Series Season
- New year, new amenities: Bristol Motor Speedway to enhance guest raceday experience with fan friendly upgrades and concepts
- Drydene Xtreme DIRTcar Series Event at Cochran Canceled, Cherokee Set for Sunday
- Martins Motorsports renews partnership with Gilreath Farms Red Angus
- Christopher Bell ready for Daytona 500 debut with Procore