'You're On It for Each and Every Lap, for 500 of 'em'
David Gilliland, driver of the No. 38 MDS Transport Ford, comments on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"The Bristol night race is always a blast. It's one of those bucket-list events that a lot of NASCAR fans have. And for good reason. Bristol Motor Speedway has worked hard over the years to make the racing as best as they can for the fans, with a lot of passing and a lot of action. It's probably my favorite racetrack on the schedule. It's tough, and it's physically demanding. You're on it for each and every lap, for 500 of 'em. It's intense.
"We qualified in the top 20 there last time, and we ran in the top 10. Then we had a long rain delay and the car just tightened up a lot after the rain. Otherwise I think we could've finished top 10 or top 15. We're going back with a lot of confidence in our MDS Transport Ford for sure.
"In the night race, the cars look like they're going twice as fast. It's a great spectacle for the fans. And I love night racing. The tracks always seem to have a little more grip at night, which gives drivers a little bit more confidence. So, we seem to put on a better show with that extra confidence."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Eddie Tafoya impressive during Indiana Sprint Week -- headed back for Smackdown
- Self Makes it a 2020 DAYTONA Sweep, Winning Historical Road Course Race
- Andretti Blazes Top ‘Fast Friday’ Lap since 1996 as Andretti Autosport Flexes Muscle
- Fans Can Enjoy Indy 500 Qualifying on NBC Sports, Pennzoil INDYCAR Radio Network
- New COVID-Safe Tour Offers Fans Unique Way to Visit Charlotte Motor Speedway