'You're On It for Each and Every Lap, for 500 of 'em'
David Gilliland, driver of the No. 38 MDS Transport Ford, comments on racing at Bristol Motor Speedway:
"The Bristol night race is always a blast. It's one of those bucket-list events that a lot of NASCAR fans have. And for good reason. Bristol Motor Speedway has worked hard over the years to make the racing as best as they can for the fans, with a lot of passing and a lot of action. It's probably my favorite racetrack on the schedule. It's tough, and it's physically demanding. You're on it for each and every lap, for 500 of 'em. It's intense.
"We qualified in the top 20 there last time, and we ran in the top 10. Then we had a long rain delay and the car just tightened up a lot after the rain. Otherwise I think we could've finished top 10 or top 15. We're going back with a lot of confidence in our MDS Transport Ford for sure.
"In the night race, the cars look like they're going twice as fast. It's a great spectacle for the fans. And I love night racing. The tracks always seem to have a little more grip at night, which gives drivers a little bit more confidence. So, we seem to put on a better show with that extra confidence."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Kemery enters Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall Indoor Racing events, Jan. 31 - Feb. 1
- Eddie Tafoya impresses in Chili Bowl debut - sprint cars next on the agenda
- Dr. Low non-qualifiers race added to Atlantic City Indoor Racing January 31 - February 1
- Gianmarco Ercoli and CAAL Racing back together to aim at the NWES title
- Awards gala sets stage for 2020 season at All American Speedway