Patrick Finishes 21st at Watkins Glen
Danica Patrick survived an accident and gained 22 spots to finish 21st in Sunday’s Cheez-It 355k at The Glen NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at the road course at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International.
Patrick, driver of the No. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR), started 43rd in a backup car due to an accident in the primary car during Friday practice.
She began slowly moving through Sunday’s field and was midpack on lap 57 when she was caught up in a large accident involving Ryan Newman, Michael McDowell, Greg Biffle and Alex Bowman that delayed the race for more than an hour as repairs were made to a guardrail. Patrick had contact causing damage to the left front of her racecar and was forced to make three pit stops to fix it.
Tony Gibson and his GoDaddy crew worked on the left front of the car and made the adjustments to get her back out without losing a lap. She fought hard the rest of the race and scored a respectable 21st.
“It’s been a tough day,” Patrick said. “It was a long race, but Gibson and the GoDaddy guys worked on the car and we got a 21st out of it, which isn’t bad with the weekend we had. We’ll come back at Michigan next week.”
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Modifieds, Sportsman Modifieds, Street Stocks, Pro 4s, Hobby Stocks and Rookie Hobby Stocks in action this Saturday at Mahoning Valley Speedway
- Jason Feger’s Dedication, Self-Made Nature Propels Him Forward
- Perris Auto Speedway postpones August races
- Caraway Speedway Releases 2020 Schedule Featuring PRA Tours
- Jason Kitzmiller, CR7 Motorsports set to tackle Irish Hills