Ragan Takes Lucky Charm Farm Rich to Daytona
David Ragan, driver of the No. 34 Farm Rich Ford, comments on racing at Daytona International Speedway:
"I really enjoy restrictor-plate racing. It is different. Mentally, I think it's a little tougher than some of the other races. Sometimes you have to make decisions based on who's around you and almost predict what's going to happen in the next couple laps. So, it's a little different thought process than what you have at a typical short track or downforce track.
"It's been good to me over the years. I go with an open attitude. I know that anything can happen. I know that you can get in a wreck early of someone else's making. But I also know that if you play your cards right and you have a good strategy, you have a shot to win.
"We'll have Farm Rich back on our Ford Fusion. We took them to Victory Lane at Talladega last year, so we're hoping they might be a good luck charm for us again this week. We'd love to celebrate with them again."
JUST THE FACTS: Ragan has 15 Sprint Cup starts at Daytona International Speedway ... He has one win (2011), and three top-five and four top-10 finishes at the 2.5-mile tri-oval ... Farm Rich returns as the primary sponsor of the No. 34 Ford Fusion.
« Armed Forces Motorsports partners with BK Racing for Daytona Gilliland and Love's Travel Stops Salute Military at Daytona »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- “Drydene 400” NASCAR Cup Series race set for Sunday, May 16 at Dover International Speedway
- 2021 NASCAR Cup Series race date at Nashville Superspeedway set for Father’s Day, Sunday, June 20
- Statement from Marcus Smith on 2021 NASCAR Schedule
- LVMS announces NASCAR Cup dates for 2021
- NASCAR Cup Series set to return to Auto Club Speedway, February 28, 2021