Clint Bowyer on the hunt for victory lane
The state of Kentucky (technically termed the Commonwealth of Kentucky) is probably most recognized as the home of horse racing in the United States. More appealing to Clint Bowyer, an avid hunter and outdoorsman, the Blue Grass state also claims to have the highest per capita population of deer and turkey.
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series visits the 1.5-mile track situated in Sparta, Ky., this weekend. And while Bowyer won’t have time to hunt deer or turkey, he and the No. 15 5-hour ENERGY Toyota crew will be hunting something else- victory lane.
With the Michael Waltrip Racing team currently occupying 15th place in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup standings, the team would like nothing more than to lock in to the Chase field. A win would certainly help the team reach that goal.
And if last year is any indication, Bowyer has a shot. He finished third in the event. And with just 10 races remaining before the Chase field is decided, the hunt is on for Bowyer and crew.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Bailes Ready to Conclude Xtreme DIRTcar Season at Modoc
- Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation, Kevin Harvick Foundation Celebrate Youth Development Park Ribbon Cutting
- Jesse Little to Visit Shriners for Children Medical Center - Pasadena
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes - Auto Club Speedway
- Shell Rotella Superrigs 2020 honors working truck drivers during NTT IndyCar Series weekend at Texas Motor Speedway