Bowman finishes 13th in Sprint Showdown, ready for 600
Alex Bowman and the No. 23 Dr Pepper Toyota Camry team finished 13th in the Sprint Showdown at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday night. The Sunoco Rookie contender for BK Racing logged laps inside the top 10, but went on to finish 13th after feeling a slight vibration.
Bowman rolled off 13th for the 40-lap Sprint Showdown. Early in the race, Bowman called into his Dr Pepper team to report that his car was neutral by itself, but developed an aero tight condition when he was racing in traffic. Despite the handling condition, Bowman was still able to drive into the top 10 by lap eight. During the break between segments, Bowman's team completed a two-tire pit stop on his Toyota Camry. Experiencing a slight engine vibration, Bowman was able to hold on and drive to a 13th-position finish.
"We had a really good car tonight," commented Bowman. "It's difficult to get your car just right here at Charlotte Motor Speedway, especially when you practice during the heat of the day and race at night. However, we were able to get the balance very close to where we needed it for our Dr Pepper Toyota Camry, and I'm very happy with that. I think it puts us in a really good position going into next week's 600-mile race."
BK Racing PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Tobias Dauenhauer becomes the first German to win a NASCAR race
- National Motorsports Appeals Panel Statement -- Mike Wallace
- Aric Almirola Racing Toward a Career ‘HighPoint’
- Daniel Suarez Toyota Driver Motivated To Post Solid Run for Team USA, Local Cancer Hero
- All American Speedway drivers close in on championships with round five on Saturday