Ragan to Start Fourth-Straight All-Star Race
David Ragan, driver of the No. 34 Taco Bell Ford, comments on racing in the All-Star race at Charlotte Motor Speedway:
"It's an honor to be a part of NASCAR's All-Star race. This will be my fourth straight year in it, and it doesn't get old. We realize that it's a long shot for us to win the race, but that's what got us here, right? And it will definitely be a good event for us to learn for the Coca-Cola 600. With the rule changes this year, we're still working on getting our mile-and-a-half program dialed in, and Saturday night's race will help for next week.
"All-Star weekend is a good event for the fans and for the teams, too. Our crew guys get involved with the ceremonies and they have a good time and get some fan recognition. We're glad we're part of the main show."
JUST THE FACTS: Ragan has four starts in the Sprint All-Star race ... He earned his starting spot in the 2014 race with his 2013 win at Talladega Superspeedway ... His best finish in the exhibition event is eighth (2011) ... Ragan will participate in the NASCAR All-Star autograph session on Friday at 4 p.m. and do a Q&A appearance at the Sprint Experience on Saturday at 4:15 p.m.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Ferrucci gets INDYCAR contingent off to strong start at Chili Bowl
- IMS Museum Hits Goal in Dan Gurney Lotus 29/1 Restoration Fundraising
- Chase Elliott, Daytona International Speedway Partner on Special DAYTONA 500 Ticket Package
- Schlüter-Systems Debuts New Scheme for LaJoie, GFR in 2020
- Decker Joining Niece Motorsports For NASCAR Truck Series, Continuing With Tony AVE For West Coast Trans-Am Championship Run
More in this category: « Michael Waltrip Racing to hold fan fest on May 21 'All-Out' Racing Style of Sprint Showdown Suits Gilliland »