NSCS: Kenseth Wins Pole at Auto Club Speedway
Matt Kenseth captured the pole for Sunday’s 18th annual Auto Club 400 at the Auto Club Speedway after posting a fast time of 38.438 seconds, 187.315 mph. Kenseth scored his 12th career pole for his first one of the 2014 season. Kenseth ran the fastest speed with about two minutes remaining in the final round.
With being the last car needed to turn a lap, within just seconds of the end of the final round, Brad Keselowski posted the second fastest time of the session. The Michigan driver ran only one lap to post a 38.481 seconds, 187.105 mph. Since Phoenix, Keselowski will start on the front row for his fourth consecutive time this season. Keselowski was just 0.043 seconds off of the pole sitter’s fastest time.
Starting third on Sunday afternoon will be Jimmie Johnson after posting a fast time of 38.516 seconds, 186.935 mph. Out of five races this year, Johnson will start inside the top-10 for his third time. It will be the six-time champion’s 13th time of starting inside the top-10 at the Auto Club Speedway. Johnson was just 0.078 seconds off of Kenseth’s time.
Brett has been following the sport of NASCAR since the beginning of the 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Since Brett was 13, he has had a passion of chasing a job in sports that not many get the opportunity of doing. He has been in the NASCAR media since the middle of the 2010 season. Since then, he has been a part of many racing podcast shows to improve his talents. You can find him on twitter @NASCAR_Brett.
Latest from Brett Winningham
- INDYCAR: Josef Newgarden Wins 107th Indianapolis 500; 19th 500 Victory for Team Penske
- INDYCAR: Katherine Legge and Stefan Wilson Have Scary Practice Crash; Wilson Transported to Local Hospital for Further Evaluation
- NCS: Denny Hamlin Wins AdventHealth 400 at Kansas Speedway
- NCS: William Byron Claims AdventHealth 400 Pole at Kansas Speedway
- ARCA: Jesse Love Victorious in Dawn 150 at Kansas Speedway