- Richard Childress Racing teammates finished fourth (Paul Menard), 12th (Kevin Harvick) and 21st (Jeff Burton) in the Camping World RV Sales 500.
- Following the event at Talladega Superspeedway, Harvick is tied for third in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver championship point standings, 26 markers behind the leader, while Menard is 16th and Burton sits 20th.
- The No. 29 Chevrolet SS team is tied for third in the Sprint Cup Series owner championship point standings, with the No. 27 team ranked 16th in the standings and the No. 31 team 21st.
- According to NASCAR's Post-Race Loop Data Statistics, Menard had the fastest Green-Flag Speed, was the second-Fastest Driver Early in a Run, completed the fourth-most Green-Flag Passes (951) and earned the fifth-best Driver Rating (98.9).
- Combined, Menard and Harvick posted 17 of the Fastest Laps Run.
- RCR teammates Harvick and Menard ranked third and fourth in the Closers category gaining 13 and 12 positions, respectively during the final 19 laps of the race.
- Burton was the 10th-Fastest Driver Late in a Run.
- Jamie McMurray earned his first victory of the 2013 Sprint Cup Series season and was followed to the finish line by Dale Earnhardt Jr., Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Menard and Kyle Busch.
- The next Sprint Cup Series race is the Goody's Headache Shot 500 presented by Kroger at Martinsville Speedway on Sunday, Oct. 27. The 33rd race of the 2013 season is scheduled to be televised live on ESPN beginning at 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Satellite Radio, channel 90.
Paul Menard Does it Right with a Fourth-Place Finish at Dega
Paul Menard and the No. 27 Menards/Duracell Chevrolet team started the 188-lap NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Talladega Superspeedway from 34th place. The reason he started there was because qualifying was rained out on Saturday, thus setting the starting lineup per the NASCAR rule book based off the first practice speeds on Friday. But, once the green flag waved over the 2.66-mile tri-oval, Menard wasted little time letting the other 42 competitors know he was there to race. Within the first three laps, he was up 17th when the first caution waved on that third circuit. With no need to pit, Menard started to get a feel of his Chevrolet SS and racing conditions running three and four wide around the high-banked track. Making two pit stops under green-flag conditions for four tires, fuel and chassis adjustments, the former ice racer ran in the top-five and top-10 positions for a large majority of the event. A pit stop on lap 124, while running third, and another on lap 162 for right-side tires and fuel kept Menard and the Slugger Labbe-led team in contention. With 15 laps remaining, Menard had his neon yellow No. 27 in fifth place and would remain there until the white flag waved. As the field exited Turn 2, the third-place car got sideways and spun as the field roared onward. With the checkered and caution flag waving, Menard was, at first, credited with third, but post-race results showed he had finished fourth. This was his third top-five and ninth top-10 finish of the 2013 season, which moved him up one spot in the driver championship point standings to 16th place.
Start- 34 Finish- 4 Laps Led- 0 Points- 16th
Paul Menard Quote
Harvick Finishes 12th at Talladega Superspeedway
After starting from the 33rd position and avoiding the infamous 'Big One,' Kevin Harvick and the No. 29 Jimmy John's team finished 12th at Talladega Superspeedway. Following the strategy implemented by crew chief Gil Martin and the team before the race, the Richard Childress Racing driver laid back in the field during early stages of the race in an attempt to avoid the destruction that is synonymous with restrictor-plate racing. With roughly 50 laps remaining in the 188-lap affair, Harvick began working his way toward the front of the field settling into the top five before making a final pit stop on lap 163 for right-side tires and fuel under green-flag conditions. The California native returned to the track without a drafting partner and fell as far back as 25th before crossing the finish line 12th. Following the sixth race in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Harvick is tied for third in the point standings, 26 markers out of the lead.
Start - 33 Finish - 12 Laps Led - 0 Points - Tied for 3rd
KEVIN HARVICK QUOTE:
Burton Finishes 21st at Talladega Superspeedway
Start - 2 Finish - 22 Laps Led - 0 Points - 20th
JEFF BURTON QUOTE:
"We had a strong No. 31 Caterpillar Chevrolet and could run in the front when we wanted. I couldn't really go like I wanted to at the end when the mirror broke. It's hard to be aggressive when you are not sure what's next to you on the track."