Kevin Harvick Foundation teams with Wyndam Championship for fourth annual Pro-Am
The 74th annual Wyndham Championship in Greensboro, N.C., tees off with Monday's fourth annual Kevin Harvick Foundation Pro-Am Presented by Technology Concepts & Design, Inc.
The Aug. 12 Kevin Harvick Foundation Pro-Am once again opens the legendary golf tournament, North Carolina's oldest professional golf event, in an effort to raise funds to benefit underprivileged children. The Wyndham Championship runs Aug. 12-18 at Sedgefield Country Club.
Several of the biggest names on the PGA TOUR, including Chris DiMarco and Jerry Kelly,will join Harvick, a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver and Kevin Harvick Foundation co-founder, and other amateur golfers on four-person teams for the 9 a.m. Pro-Am tee time. Each member of the winning team receives a trophy and full-size replica Budweiser driver helmets autographed by Harvick. Budweiser sponsors Harvick's No. 29 Chevrolet in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
"Once again, Mark Brazil, his wonderful team at the Wyndham Championship and Bill Johnson of Technology Concepts & Design have gone above and beyond to lend a helping hand for so many children in need," Harvick said. "I have gotten to know several members of the golf community fairly well in recent years, and have been amazed by their generosity and overwhelming support. The Kevin Harvick Foundation couldn't do the work we do without the generosity of groups such as this."
The mission of the Kevin Harvick Foundation, founded in 2010 by Harvick and his wife, DeLana, is to positively enrich the lives of children throughout the United States. The Kevin Harvick Foundation Pro-Am is one of several Foundation events scheduled throughout the year to raise money to support children in need. Remaining on the 2013 Kevin Harvick Foundation calendar is the Nov. 6 Happy's Golf Classic at Bakersfield Country Club in Harvick's hometown of Bakersfield, Calif.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Evergreen Raceway, Mahoning Valley Speedway to run Hobby Stock Dual Track Series.Agreement reached on sharing select rules
- Sammy Smith to Compete in Full 2023 Nascar Xfinity Series Schedule With Joe Gibbs Racing
- GMS Racing Announces NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Crew Chief Lineup for the 2023 Season
- Race of Champions “Family of Series” Schedule Update – More Dates Added - Race of Champions Modified Series Getting Ready for a Huge 2023 Season
- INDYCAR Continuing Path with Sustainable Leadership in Motorsports