Menard Qualifies 22nd At Kansas
Paul Menard and the No. 21 Menards/Atlas Roofing Ford Mustang will line up 22nd for Sunday’s Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway.
Menard turned a lap at 176.410 miles per hour in qualifying on Saturday afternoon, his best lap of the weekend so far.
Menard’s qualifying position may not be the best indicator of the team’s performance on Sunday as he was seventh fastest in the opening practice with a best lap at 175.308 mph. In Happy Hour he was 11th fastest with a best lap of 176.367 mph, and his speed in his best 10 consecutive laps was seventh on the speed chart.
Menard and his Wood Brothers team have turned in some strong runs at Kansas in the past. The Woods have four top-five finishes in 19 starts with a best finish of second in 2004 with Ricky Rudd driving.
Menard has a best finish of third in 2012 and five other top-10s including a sixth-place finish last fall.
Sunday’s Hollywood Casino 400 is set to start just after 1:30 p.m. (2:30 p.m. Eastern Time) with TV coverage on NBC.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway to serve as Dash 4 Cash event
- $100k up for grabs in first "Dash 4 Cash" race at AMS
- Xfinity to salute employee heroes with windshield recognition at Bristol race
- Darlington Raceway to host graduation ceremonies for SC Governor's School for Science and Mathematics
- Dixon excited to get 2020 racing season started at Kingsport Speedway