Menard Qualifies 21st At Las Vegas
Paul Menard and the No. 21 Menards/Monster Mustang are set to start Sunday’ South Point 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway from 21stplace.
Menard earned that spot with a lap at 176.056 miles per hour in qualifying Saturday afternoon. It was his fastest lap so far this weekend.
Menard and the team spent much of Friday’s practice preparing for the race. In Friday’s opening practice, his best lap at 174.121 mph was good enough for 25thplace. In Happy Hour on Saturday he jumped up to 14thon the speed chart with a best lap of 175.690 mph.
The South Point 400 is set to get the green flag just after 4 p.m. (7 p.m. Eastern Time) on Sunday with TV coverage on NBCSN.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Drydene Named Xtreme DIRTcar Series Title Sponsor
- Homestead-Miami Speedway Announces Grandstands Sellout for Ford EcoBoost 400
- Annual Night of Smiles event culminates another great year of giving for Bristol Motor Speedway's Speedway Children
- Stewart-Haas Racing Promotes Custer to Cup
- Ty Dillon and the GEICO Racing Team Look to Finish the 2019 Season Strong at Homestead-Miami Speedway