Chastain’s Departure Creates Opening at SS Green Light Racing
Coming off a highly successful 2012 season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series with rookie driver Ross Chastain in the No. 08 Toyota, the SS Green Light Racing team finds itself in the unenviable position of replacing the talented young driver. Ross had numerous outstanding runs with the veteran team including a seventh at Martinsville in just his second start with the team and a very impressive third at Bristol in August, which has given him the chance to drive for a hi-profile team in 2013. With Chastain’s departure, the SS Racing team now has full and part-time opportunities available for both the No. 07 and No. 08 trucks for the upcoming 2013 season.
The SS Green Light Racing team has two guaranteed starting spots in the first three events of the 2013 NCWTS campaign including the season opener at the Daytona International Speedway on February 22nd, Martinsville on April 6th and Rockingham on April 14th.
Since re-establishing itself in 2009, the team has steadily become more competitive each season with one top-five and four top-tens in 2012, two top-fives and eight top-tens in 2011 along with one pole, three top-five and ten top-ten finishes in 2010. Over the last three seasons the SS Green Light team has placed two drivers in the top-ten in NCWTS drivers point standings.
The team boasts one of the most experienced leaders in all of NASCAR in Bobby Dotter along with a talented supporting cast lead by crew chief Bryan Berry and has a stable of competitive Toyota Tundra trucks ready for the upcoming racing season.
“We’ve been able to prove over the last several seasons that we can a accomplish a lot with limited resources. We can provide drivers and marketing partners an exceptional value in competitive equipment to maximize their budgets,” explained Dotter. “2012 was another solid season for the SS Green Light team, we had several great runs and received a lot of attention from the national media outlets.”
For the last eleven seasons, SS Green Light Racing has earned the reputation of developing talented young drivers and allowing them to show their ability with a professional racing organization with many moving up to the Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series.
Dotter is currently recruiting fully or partially funded drivers wishing to compete in top-tier equipment for the 2013 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. Full season, multiple race packages and single races are available.
SS Green Light Racing Quick Facts:
- 292 consecutive NCWTS starts.
- Over 550 total NCWTS starts.
- Two guaranteed starting positions for first three races of 2013 season.
- Relationships with premier engine builders.
- One top-five and four top-ten finishes in 2012.
- Two top-five and eight top-ten finishes in 2011.
- One pole, three top-five and ten top-ten finishes in 2010.
- The SS Green Light team has a strong presence on SPEED TV, MRN Radio and major media outlets.
- Fulltime media support and sponsorship activation.
SS Green Light Racing PR
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013