Justin Lofton Homestead-Miami Speedway Event Preview
No. 6 Mercury / Walker's Marine Chevrolet News and Notes
- This week at Homestead-Miami Speedway... Justin Lofton and Eddie Sharp Racing will be sporting a new sponsorship for the final NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race of the 2012 season. Mercury and Walker's Marine will be featured on Lofton's Chevrolet at Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway on Friday, Nov. 16. The 134-lap race will mark Lofton's third start at the mile-and-a-half Homestead-Miami Speedway. In his past two races at the track, Lofton has completed 100% of the laps raced.
- Mercury Marine... Mercury Marine is the world's leading manufacturer of recreational marine propulsion engines. In addition to being the world leader in marine propulsion and technology, Mercury Marine is also a member of the Brunswick Corporation.
- Walker's Marine... Walker's Marine is a full-service boat dealer located in Marco Island, Fla. Walker's Marine sets itself apart as a boat dealer by pursuing the ultimate goal of perfection, both in the new and used Maverick, Cobia, Hewes, Pathfinder, Formula, Regal and Pursuit convertible, cruiser, fishing, bowrider and cuddy cabin boats for sale.
- Last week at Phoenix International Raceway... Lofton and the No. 6 Third Annual Justin Lofton Boys and Girls Club Charity Golf Tournament / Lofton Cattle Chevrolet team battled a drama-filled weekend at Phoenix International Raceway during the Lucas Oil 150. After rolling off in the 22nd position, Lofton raced through the field to secure a top-10 finish.
- The points battle continues... As the 2012 Camping World Truck Series season comes to an end, Lofton continues to battle for position in the NCWTS championship points race. Lofton is currently ranked in the eighth position just 31 points behind seventh-place and 102 points out of the lead.
- Lofton's life during the off-season... While other drivers take time to rest during the off-season, Lofton plans to spend his time racing and playing in the desert of the Southwest. Soon after the season ends, Lofton will head to Glamis (Calif.), which is located near his hometown of Westmoreland, (Calif.) Then, on Dec. 1, Lofton will be racing the Best in the Desert Henderson (Nev.) 250.
- Most Popular Driver... This is the last week to vote Justin Lofton for the NCWTS Most Popular Driver Award! Visit nascar.com/ncwtsmpd to vote for Lofton every day this week. Voting ends on Friday, Nov. 16, and the winner will be announced during the Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series Awards banquet at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel on Monday, Nov. 19.
- Follow Justin... Follow Lofton, driver of the No. 6 Mercury / Walker's Marine Chevrolet Silverado, on twitter (@jlracing) and facebook (facebook.com/jlracing), and visit loftonracing.com for the latest news and updates. Find out the latest news and updates about Lofton's business, J6INK on twitter (@j6ink) and online atwww.j6ink.com.
- Get the Inside Scoop on ESR... Follow Eddie Sharp Racing on twitter or become a fan on facebook to get real-time updates and behind-the-scenes information: @TeamESR or facebook.com/teamesr.
- Watch and Listen...The championship battle moves to Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend as competitors from the NCWTS take on 134 laps at the mile-and-a-half track in the Ford EcoBoost 200 on Friday, Nov. 16. Live coverage of qualifying will air on SPEED at 4:30 p.m. Eastern time, with race coverage beginning at 8:00 p.m. EST on SPEED, MRN, and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio Channel 90.
From the Driver's Seat
Justin Lofton Quotes... On last week's race at Phoenix International Raceway... "I was disappointed that we didn't win the race after leading last week, but all-and-all considering how our weekend started, I'm pleased with finishing in tenth. I had over 20 guests from my home in the Imperial Valley of California and I wanted to give them all a great show. The crew really worked hard to get the truck back together after the practice session incidences."
On this week's race at Homestead-Miami Speedway... "It has been a good year, filled with a win in Charlotte, a pole in Chicago, and some great memories. I would love nothing more than to close it out with a win at Homestead-Miami Speedway. I have had the support of my great family, my entire team and friends all year, so repaying them for their support with a win would be nice."
From the Pit Box
Crew Chief Eddie Troconis Quote... On racing at Miami-Homestead Speedway... "I am excited to see how chassis No. 070 runs. We have all worked hard to make the first Eddie Sharp Racing chassis good, so we can't wait to see how it performs. This season has been a good year for the entire No. 6 Chevrolet team. I have faith that the guys will be giving it their all, just as they have done all year long."
Justin Lofton PR
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013