Miguel Paludo No. 32 NCWTS Advance: Homestead-Miami Speedway
No. 32 Duroline Brakes and Components Chevrolet News and Notes
- The End of the Road...Miguel Paludo and the No. 32 Duroline Brakes and Components team head to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Paludo has two previous starts at the 1.5-mile Florida oval. In his two prior visits, Paludo has earned one top-10 finish, a best finish of ninth and one DNF due to an engine failure.
- 2012 At A Glance...After 21 of 22 events, Paludo sits 10th in the NCWTS driver point standings, 10 points behind ninth-place driver Johnny Sauter and 21 points ahead of 11th-place driver Jason White. So far this season, Paludo has captured one pole, four top-10 finishes, an average start of 11.5, an average finish of 14.3, a best finish of eighth and has led 67 laps. Paludo has also completed 3,202 of 3,232 total race laps, putting him on the track for 99.1% of all laps run this season.
- Good luck to Turner Motorsports' James Buescher...On Friday night, James Buescher has the chance to make history for Turner Motorsports by winning the team's first NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship. Currently, Buescher leads second place by 11 points going into the season finale on Friday night. Buescher guarantees himself the championship, as well as the Owner's Championship, with a finish of seventh or better with no laps led, eighth or better with one lap led, or ninth or better with the most laps led.
- This Week's Silverado...Paludo and the No. 32 Duroline Brakes and Components team will unload chassis TMS-219 for the final race of the season at Homestead-Miami Speedway. TMS-219 has one previous start: Paludo drove it to an 11th-place finish after qualifying seventh when it made its debut at the 1.5-mile Las Vegas Motor Speedway in September.
- Previous Race Recap... Paludo and the entire Turner Motorsports fleet were on track for a solid, successful night at Phoenix International Raceway before bad luck struck. Paludo and the No. 32 World Diabetes Day/Duroline team were on the way to perfecting the handling of their Chevy Silverado when they were collected in a lap-66 incident, hindering their performance in the caution-filled race and resulting in a 14th-place finish.
- Diabetes Fact of the Week...World Diabetes Day is here! This Wednesday, November 14th is World Diabetes Day, the primary global awareness campaign of the diabetes community. WDD is held annually on November 14th and was introduced in 1991 by the International Diabetes Federation and the World Health Organization in response to the alarming rise of diabetes around the world. While the campaign lasts the entire year, the day itself marks the birthday of Frederick Banting who, along with Charles Best, first conceived the idea which led to the discovery of insulin in 1922.
- The Votes Are Almost In...We are now in the final week of voting for the NCWTS Most Popular Driver. Place your vote for Miguel Paludo every day between now and November 16th here: www.nascar.com/ncwtsmpd
- Follow Me...Visit www.twitter.com/miguelpaludo or www.facebook.com/miguelpaludo for the latest news and updates on Paludo and the No. 32 Duroline Brakes and Components team.
- Watch and Listen...The final race of the season, the Ford EcoBoost 200, can be seen live on Friday, November 16th on SPEED. Race coverage will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET. The event can also be heard live on MRN Radio as well as Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 90.
Miguel Paludo on driving at Homestead-Miami Speedway and the 2012 season -
"It's hard to believe that we've already found ourselves at Homestead. It seems like not that long ago we were winning the pole in Daytona. So much has happened since February, both personally and competitively, both good and bad. Overall, I'm proud of how hard this team works and of many of the things we've accomplished, although our goals were to achieve even more. I'm happy that we can realistically be pretty sure that we'll finish in the top-10 in points, and my number one goal going into Homestead is end this season with a win and move up to ninth in the standings."
"I like Homestead a lot as a track, and Turner's intermediate track program has been strong all season. The truck we're bringing ran well in Las Vegas, and I think it'll run even better at Homestead. I hope that we can end this season on a high note and get the win we've been searching for all season."
Turner Motorsports PR
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013