John Wes Townley, No. 09 Zaxby's Toyota Tundra, Homestead Preview
- This Week's Zaxby's Toyota Tundra ... John Wes Townley will pilot RAB Racing with Brack Maggard chassis No. 48 in Friday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. This chassis last saw action at Texas Motor Speedway earlier this month, where the 22-year-old driver posted a career-high eighth-place starting position before he piloted the No. 09 Toyota Tundra to a 16th-place finish.
- Townley at Homestead ... Though Townley has not yet raced at the south Florida track in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series competition before, he has competed here. In 2009's 300-mile Nationwide Series race, Townley posted a 24th-place finish.
- Season Finale ... With just one race remaining in the 2012 season, Townley has accumulated two top-10 finishes, 14 top-20 finishes, an average start of 20.0 and an average finish of 18.6. The 22-year-old driver has completed 2,880 of the 3,123 (92.2 percent) of the laps he has contested.
- RAB Racing in 2012... With 21 races completed in the 2012 season, RAB Racing's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entries have recorded one top-five, three top-10 and 15 top-20 finishes with drivers Travis Kvapil and Townley.
- Get to the Points ... Townley's 13th-place finish at Phoenix International Raceway last weekend allowed him to remain steady at 15th in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings.
- Your Point Is... With just one race remaining in the 2012 season, RAB Racing currently occupies the 16th position in the owner's point standings.
- Catch the Action ... The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season finale from Homestead-Miami Speedway will be televised live Friday, Nov. 16 beginning at 7:30 p.m. EST on SPEED, and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
John Wes Townley Quotes:
"I'm really looking forward to this weekend's race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. All in all, I feel pretty good to be winding down my first full season of Camping World Truck Series competition. We've had our shares of ups and downs, we've had some good races and some that weren't so good. But, Chris Rice and all the guys at RAB Racing really worked hard week in and week out to give me the best Toyota Tundras possible. We'll give it all we've got for one more race in 2012, we'll go out and try to finish the season with a strong run."
Chris Rice Quotes:
"Homestead-Miami Speedway is one of the toughest places we go to, because of the lack of grip on the track. It's a lot like Darlington, tire wear will be an issue, compiled with aerodynamic issues we will have to overcome. We're taking the same truck we qualified eighth with at Texas Motor Speedway earlier this month. There was some minor damage to repair after that race, but she's as good as new. It has been a really solid season for us and we're looking to close it out strong this weekend."
RAB Racing PR
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013