John Wes Townley, No. 09 Zaxby's Toyota Tundra, Texas Preview
- This Week's Zaxby's Toyota Tundra ... John Wes Townley will pilot RAB Racing with Brack Maggard chassis No. 48 in Friday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway. This Toyota Tundra has raced eight times in 2012, at Kansas Speedway in April, at Charlotte Motor Speedway in May, at Texas Motor Speedway and Kentucky Speedway in June, at Chicagoland Speedway in July, and at Pocono Raceway and Michigan International Speedway in August. Most recently, this chassis raced at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in September.
- Townley at Texas ... In his only previous Camping World Truck Series start at Texas Motor Speedway, Townley recorded a 27th-place finish after being involved in an incident in the opening laps. Additionally, Townley has competed in two NASCAR Nationwide Series races at the 1.5-mile speedway, posting his best finish of 18th in November, 2009.
- Three to Go ... With just three races remaining in the 2012 season, Townley has accumulated two top-10 finishes, an average start of 20.3 and an average finish of 19.0. The 22-year-old driver has completed 2,581 of the 2,823 (91.4 percent) of the laps he has contested.
- So That's How They're Built ... Prior to heading to Texas Motor Speedway, team owner Robby Benton and Townley will spen Wednesday, Oct. 31 at Toyota's Tacoma and Tundra manufacturing facility in San Antonio, Texas. The two will tour the production line, meet with employees and sign autographs prior to heading to the track on Thursday.
- RAB Racing in 2012... With 19 races completed in the 2012 season, RAB Racing's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entries have recorded one top-five, three top-10 and 12 top-20 finishes with drivers Travis Kvapil and Townley.
- Get to the Points ... Townley's 18th-place finish at Martinsville Speedway last weekend allowed him to remain steady at 15th in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings.
- Your Point Is... With just three races remaining in the 2012 season, RAB Racing currently occupies the 16th position in the owner's point standings.
- Catch the Action ... The WinStar World Casino 350K from Texas Motor Speedway will be televised live Friday, Nov. 2 beginning at 8 p.m. EDT on SPEED, and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
John Wes Townley Quotes:
"Texas Motor Speedway is a really fast track. It's bumpy in Turns 1 and 2, and that adds a challenge to getting around there. To look at it, it doesn't look very different than Charlotte Motor Speedway or Atlanta Motor Speedway, but it's actually very different. We felt good about our Toyota Tundra when we raced at Texas back in June, but I got in the wall early, and we had to settle for just logging laps. But, since then, the guys have done a lot to work on getting more speed out of this truck, so I feel like we'll have a much better result this time around."
Chris Rice Quotes:
"I really enjoy racing at Texas Motor Speedway because it's a racer's racetrack. It's bumpy, it's fast, and it takes a combination of a comfortable setup and a strong engine to be competitive there. We're going to have to get our Zaxby's Toyota Tundra comfortable enough where John Wes can keep the throttle wide open as much as possible. We're bringing chassis No. 48 this weekend, the same chassis that we've had our best runs of the season with. We're looking to have three strong runs to end the 2012 season."
RAB Racing PR
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013