Ron Hornaday, No. 9 Anderson's Pure Maple Syrup Chevrolet-Talladega Preview
Fast and Fun Facts...
- There are still eight tracks on Ron Hornaday's stacked resume where he has yet to capture a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) win and Talladega Superspeedway is on that list.
- In 35 superspeedway starts, Hornaday has yet to win on a track two miles or more in length. However, after pushing Mike Wallace to victory lane in 2011, Hornaday has high hopes of changing the history books in this weekend's fred's 250 powered by Coca-Cola.
- Don't forget to vote for Ron Hornaday as the 2012 NCWTS Most Popular driver. You can vote once per day until voting ends on November 16. To vote, please visit: NASCAR.com/ncwtsmpd
Success on NASCAR's Biggest Oval...
Although he has yet to make the trip to victory lane at NASCAR's biggest track in the truck series, Hornaday has had no shortage of luck at the 2.66-mile tri-oval. The all-time series race winner has posted one pole and led 50 laps on his way to two top-five and three top-ten finishes in six starts at the Alabama superspeedway. Hornaday has an average start of 9.5 coupled with an average finish of 9.8 and has completed 98.9 percent of laps attempted (536 of 569).
In The Loop...
According to NASCAR's loop data statistics, Hornaday has the following stats at Talladega:
- A driver rating of 118.4, ranking him second overall and first among active drivers
- First in fastest laps run with 22
- Second in laps led with 50
- Second in laps in the top-15 with 463
- Second in green-flag speed with an average speed of 190.938 miles per hour
This Week's No. 9 Anderson's Maple Syrup Chevrolet Silverado...
The No. 9 Joe Denette Motorsports team will unload chassis No. 10 for this weekend's NCWTS event at Talladega Superspeedway. This is a brand new chassis from the JDM stables and will make its debut in the fred's 250 on Saturday night.
Meet Ron Hornaday...
Hornaday will make an appearance at the fred's Super Dollar on Thursday, October 4 at 3:00 p.m. CT. Come meet the four-time series champion and enter for a chance to win tickets to the fred's 250 powered by Coca-Cola on Saturday, October 6. Local radio station WTDR, "The Thunder" will be broadcasting live from from 2:00-4:00 p.m. CT.
Get to the Point...
Following a 27th-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last weekend, Hornaday fell two positions to 12th in the 2012 NCWTS driver point standings heading into this weekend's fred's 250 powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway. He is nine points out of the top-10 and 143 points behind leader, Ty Dillon.
A Penny For Your Thoughts...
"Talladega is obviously one of those wild card races. We have a new Chevrolet Silverado for this weekend that registered some really good numbers in the wind tunnel that we are excited about. However, as much as you prepare for this race, it's always an unknown. You need to be aware of your surroundings, be alert, know the draft, have a partner and I believe experience will be an advantage. I'm happy to have Anderson's Maple Syrup back on board this weekend and I would love to see those familiar colors back in victory lane, hopefully with me this time!"
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013