- This Week's Zaxby's Toyota Tundra ... John Wes Townley will pilot RAB Racing Chassis No. 46 in Saturday's Coca Cola 250 at Talladega Superspeedway. This chassis last saw action at Daytona International Speedway in the season-opening NextEra Energy Resources 250, where Travis Kvapil brought home a fourth-place finish.
- I've Been Here Before ... Townley has competed at Talladega Superspeedway in Camping World Truck Series competition once before, in the 2008 running of the annual 250-mile event. Additionally, in two Nationwide Series starts at the 2.66-mile tri-oval, Townley has a pair of top-20 finishes.
- RAB Racing at Talladega ... Though they have not yet competed at Talladega in Camping World Truck Series competition, RAB Racing with Brack Maggard has competed in four Nationwide Series events at the famed Alabama race track since their inaugural year of Nationwide Series competition in 2009. The Concord, N.C.-based team's best finish is ninth, which was posted by Kenny Wallace in May of this year.
- After 17 Races... Over the first 17 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races of the 2012 season, Townley has accumulated two top-10 finishes, 11 top-20 finishes, an average starting position of 20.1 and an average finishing position of 17.8. Townley has completed 90.5 percent of the laps he's contested (2,288 of 2,529) thus far.
- RAB Racing in 2012... With 17 races completed in the 2012 season, RAB Racing's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entries have recorded one top-five, three top-10 and twelve top-20 finishes with drivers Travis Kvapil and Townley.
- Get to the Points ... Townley's 14th-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last weekend allowed him to hold steady at 16th in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings.
- Your Point Is... As we head into the 18th race of the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season, RAB Racing currently occupies the 17th position in the owner's points standings.
- Catch the Action ... The Fred's 250 powered by Coca Cola from Talladega Superspeedway will be televised live Saturday, October 6th beginning at 3:30 p.m. EDT on SPEED and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network. Qualifying is broadcast live Friday, October 5th beginning at 5:00 p.m. EDT on SPEED.
John Wes Townley Quotes
"I'm really looking forward to racing at Talladega this weekend. Taking care of our Zaxby's Toyota Tundra will be really important this weekend. It's easy to get caught up in the big wreck if you're not careful. You've got to be aware of your surroundings at all times, knowing the big one can strike at any time. We feel like we've got the chance to get our best finish of the season this weekend. I don't expect to qualify up front, but I know that we'll be strong one the green flag waves."
Chris Rice Quotes
"I'm looking forward to heading to Talladega Superspeedway for this first time in the truck this season. John Wes competed here earlier this year in the Nationwide Series and scored a 15th-place finish, so his experience will be beneficial to us. Important factors for this weekend are speed, low drag, and partnering with the right person. We call this a touch-everything race. We make sure every piece and part of the truck is right and accounted for. This chassis finished fourth at the season-opener at Daytona so I think we'll be able to get it up front again."
RAB Racing PR