- This Week's Zaxby's Toyota Tundra ... John Wes Townley will pilot RAB Racing Chassis No. 48 in Saturday's Smith's 350 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. This chassis last saw action at Michigan International Speedway, where the 22-year-old driver brought home a 25th-place finish.
- I've Been Here Before ... While Townley has not yet raced at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Camping World Truck Series competition, he has raced there twice before. In two Nationwide Series starts at the 1.5-mile Nevada track, Townley has a 15th-place finish to call his best.
- RAB at Las Vegas...Though RAB Racing has not competed at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Camping World Truck Series competition, they have competed in four Nationwide Series events here dating back to 2009 with drivers Scott Riggs, Townley, and Kenny Wallace . The team's best showing there is an11th-place finish, which was posted by Wallace earlier this season.
- After 16 Races... Over the first 16 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races of the 2012 season, Townley has accumulated two top-10 finish, ten top-20 finishes, an average starting position of 20.2 and an average finishing position of 19th. Townley has completed 89.9 percent of the laps he's contested (2,142 of 2,383) thus far.
- RAB Racing in 2012... With 16 races completed in the 2012 season, RAB Racing's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entries have recorded one top-five, three top-10 and eleven top-20 finishes with drivers Travis Kvapil and Townley.
- Get to the Points ... Townley's 10th-place finish at Kentucky Speedway last weekend allowed him to advance one position, to 16th, in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings.
- Your Point Is... As we head into the 17th race of the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season, RAB Racing currently occupies the 17th position in the owner's points standings.
- Catch the Action ...
The Smith's 350 from Las Vegas Motor Speedway will be televised live Saturday, September 29 beginning at 8:00 p.m. EDT on SPEED and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network. Qualifying is Friday, September 28 beginning at 11:35 p.m. EDT.
John Wes Townley Quotes
"I really like racing at Las Vegas. It's a fast track, and you've got to have a truck that can run basically wide open. Chris Rice and all of the guys that work on these Toyota Tundras back at RAB Racing have done a great job building fast trucks for the speedways. We've been fast at Pocono, Michigan and Kentucky last week, so we certainly have confidence heading to Las Vegas this weekend. I'm looking forward to having another good showing with our Zaxby's Tundra this weekend."
Chris Rice Quotes
"Las Vegas Motor Speedway is getting bumpier and bumpier, and handling is going to be a big issue. Turns 3 and 4 are a bit smoother, but through those turns the trucks will be wide open. Lucky for us, one of John Wes's favorite things to do is drive his Toyota Tundra wide open. We're heading to Vegas with one of our favorite trucks, chassis No. 48. We're hoping to build on our momentum from Kentucky and excited to have Zaxby's on the Tundra once again."
RAB Racing PR