Lofton's Going Rounds in Bristol
- Back to Bristol... Justin Lofton will take on Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway ("World Fastest Half-Mile") for the third time in his career this Wednesday night as the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) races on the legendary half-mile track. In two previous NCWTS starts at Bristol Motor Speedway, the driver of the No. 6 Millennium VIP Group Private Jet Services Chevrolet has completed 100% of laps he has attempted, and has never finished worse than the seventh position.
- Closing in on the competition... Lofton is one of the best when it comes to closing in on the competition at Bristol Motor Speedway. According to NASCAR's loop data which averages the data for the past seven years at each particular track, Lofton ranks second among all NCWTS drivers when it comes to closing in on the competition at the end of the race at the Tennessee short track. In the final 10 percent of the laps at Bristol Motor Speedway, Lofton typically gains an average of 5.5 spots.
- The action heats up as the summer winds down... With six races scheduled over the next seven weeks, the battle is definitely on for the NCWTS championship. Lofton enters the UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway in the fourth position, just 17 points out of the championship point lead, and 11 points behind third place. The 26-year-old led the standings through three events earlier this season, and notched both his first career win and first career pole during a career-best year. Ten races remain in the NCWTS season before a champion is crowned at Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway.
- Follow Justin... Follow Justin Lofton, driver of the No. 6 Millennium VIP Group Private Jet Services Chevrolet Silverado, on twitter (@jlracing) and facebook(facebook.com/jlracing), and check out loftonracing.com for the latest news and updates.
- Get the Inside Scoop... Follow Eddie Sharp Racing on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook to get real-time updates and behind-the-scenes information: @TeamESR or facebook.com/teamesr.
- Watch and Listen... The action will heat up as the stars of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series beat and bang under the lights at Bristol Motor Speedway on Wednesday, August 22. Qualifying from the World's Fastest Half-Mile will be broadcast on SPEED at 5:00 p.m. ET. Live coverage of the UNOH 200 will be aired on SPEED, MRN & SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, channel 90, beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET.
From the Driver's Seat
Justin Lofton Quotes... On looking forward to racing at Bristol Speedway: "I can't wait to run at Bristol Motor Speedway. It's one of my favorite tracks on the NASCAR circuit. There's something about getting out there on the high banks and racing hard with 35 other trucks. It's always a really exciting race, and I'm sure things will be even more interesting with the new track configuration."
On what to expect from the new track surface: "It will be interesting to see how the new surface changes the racing at Bristol Motor Speedway. They took out the top groove, so we won't be able to run side-by-side like we have in the past few races. I expect that there will be a lot more beating on each other as we fight for position. There should be a lot of action on the track, and I expect that it will be a very exciting race for the fans. I'm looking forward to it."
On staying out of trouble at Bristol Motor Speedway: "Bristol has always been known for wild finishes and a lot of wrecks, but we need to be sure to keep our nose clean and stay out of trouble with the Millennium VIP Group Private Jet Services Chevrolet. We need to remember to stay focused on the big picture-we're racing for the championship. We're only 17 points out the lead right now; we need to come to the track with our best equipment every week and stay on top of our game all season. We don't need to lead the points every week, but we need to keep ourselves within striking distance to have a chance at it when we get to Homestead. This is one of those wildcard races where anything can happen; we just need to be sure that it doesn't happen to us."
From the Pit Box
Dan Bormann Quotes... On looking forward to Bristol Motor Speedway with the No. 6 Millennium VIP Group Private Jet Services Chevrolet team: "We have a lot of confidence in Justin at Bristol. He's always run really well at this track and has been able to pick up a lot of positions throughout the race. The Millennium VIP Group Private Jet Services Chevrolet team has been putting in long hours to be sure that we put the best equipment under Justin going into the race at Bristol. We hope to walk out of this weekend gaining ground in the points battle-we only have 10 races left until they crown a champion in Miami."
No. 6 Millennium VIP Group Private Jet Services Chevrolet Truck Information
The No. 6 Millennium VIP Group Private Jet Services team will compete with chassis No. 050 as their primary truck at Bristol Motor Speedway. The team last raced this chassis earlier this season at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. In that event, Lofton rolled off sixth, ran inside the top 10 for most of the day and raced to a fourth-place finish.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Pit Stop of a Different Kind: International Motorsports Hall of Fame Outside Talladega Superspeedway a Must Visit This Week
- Starting Times Announced For Eldora Season Opener
- What’s Happenin’?! It’s Race Week at Talladega Superspeedway – Drivers and Fans Anxious for All that Awaits during Tripleheader Weekend
- Pit Viper Sunglasses To Serve As Primary Sponsor For Vinnie Miller and The No. 78 BJ McLeod Motorsports Team In Talladega
- Skillet & Sevendust to Rock Virginia Credit Union LIVE! at Richmond Raceway on Tuesday, August 13