John Wes Townley, No. 09 ToyotaCare Toyota Tundra, Pocono Preview
- This Week's ToyotaCare Toyota Tundra ... John Wes Townley will pilot RAB Racing Chassis No. 48 in Saturday's Pocono Mountains 125 at Pocono Raceway. A workhorse of the 2012 season, this Toyota Tundra raced at Kansas Speedway in April, Charlotte Motor Superspeedway in May, and twice in the month of June, at Texas Motor Speedway and Kentucky Speedway. Most recently, Townley raced this chassis to a career-best 14th-place finish at Chicagoland Speedway when the series last competed two weeks ago.
- Townley at Pocono ... While Townley has not yet raced at Pocono Raceway in Camping World Truck Series competition, he has raced there before. In two ARCA Racing Series Series start at the "Tricky Triangle", Townley has garnered one top-10 and two top-20 finishes, posting his track-best finish of ninth in 2008's Pennsylvania ARCA 200.
- RAB Racing at Pocono... While RAB Racing has not yet competed at Pocono Raceway in Camping World Truck Series competition, they have competed in two ARCA Racing Series events at the 2.5-mile triangle dating back to 2008.The team's best showing at the Pennsylvania track is a ninth-place finish, which was posted by Townley in 2008.
- After Ten Races... Over the first 10 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races of the 2012 season, Townley has accumulated six top-20 finishes, an average starting position of 21.1 and an average finish of 20.4. Townley has completed 88.4 percent of the laps he's contested (1,383 of 1,565) thus far.
- Get to the Points ... Townley's sixth top-20 finish of the 2012 season in Chicagoland Speedway's American Ethanol 225 allowed him to advance one position, to 19th, in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings.
- Your Point Is... As we head into the 11th race of the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season, RAB Racing currently occupies the 18th position in the owner's points standings.
- RAB Racing in 2012... With ten races completed in the 2012 season, RAB Racing's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entries have recorded one top-five and seven top-20 finishes with drivers Travis Kvapil and Townley.
- Double Duty ... Townley will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Pocono Raceway this weekend, driving the No. 32 Zaxby's-sponsored entry in Sunday's Pennsylvania 400. Live coverage of the event begins Sunday, August 5 at 1 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. The race will be televised live on ESPN and broadcast worldwide on the Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
- Catch the Action ... The Pocono Mountains 125 from Pocono Raceway will be televised live Saturday, August 4 beginning at 12:30 p.m. EDT on SPEED and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network. Qualifying will be Saturday, August 4 beginning at 9:35 a.m. EDT.
John Wes Townley Quotes
"I'm really looking forward to getting to Pocono Raceway this weekend. I enjoyed racing there in the ARCA Series. Pocono is unique, there's no perfect setup to get around there. You give up a little in one corner to be good in the others. It's going to be interesting to see how our ToyotaCare Toyota Tundra reacts and make adjustments from there. With the fresh pavement, it's going to be a very fast race. I'm looking forward to it"
Chris Rice Quotes
"Pocono has brand new pavement that is really smooth and really fast. I think the trucks are going to be close to wide-open all the way around this track and we'll have to utilize the draft a lot. The Pocono Mountains 125 will be a really interesting race for us. We will be returning to this track with heavy hearts as it is the first visit for the Camping World Truck Series since Dr. Mattioli's passing. But Pocono has been a good race for the Sprint Cup cars since the repaving and I can't wait to see how our No. 09 ToyotaCare Toyota Tundra will do."
RAB Racing PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Atlanta Motor Speedway’s Ed Clark wins 2019 O. Bruton Smith Award
- Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals Early Entry Deadline Approaching Fast
- South Carolina NASCAR Fan Joe Vaughn, Project HOPE Foundation Win The NASCAR Foundation’s 9th Annual Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award
- Darrell Waltrip Named 2019 NMPA Myers Brothers Recipient
- Chase Elliott Wins 2019 NMPA Most Popular Driver Award presented by Hooters