Matt Crafton Post Race Report - Texas
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series was forced to cancel qualifying due to rain and based on owner points that slated Crafton to start the race in 10th. Matt Crafton and the No. 88 Menards/Goof Off Toyota Tundra stayed in the top ten for most of the race. A late caution and restart gave Matt the jump that he needed to lead the race. After a battle with his teammate, Johnny Sauter, Crafton had to fall back one spot because of loose handling. He was able to hold off the third place competitor for the remainder of the race and finished in second.
This is Matt's 12th top-10 finish in 23 races at Texas Motor Speedway and his third top-10 finish in 2012. Crafton is currently 7th in the NCWTS Points Standings, up two spots from Dover.
"What a race for the Menards/Goof Off Toyota Tundra and ThorSport Racing," said Crafton. "This is definitely a finish that we needed to get us headed in the right direction and moving up in the points standings. I cannot thank Duke and Rhonda Thorson enough for providing a great team and outstanding equipment. I am looking forward to heading to Kentucky in a few weeks to continue with this positive momentum."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Speedway Children's Charities Hosting 22nd Annual Bill Walker Memorial Gears & Greens Golf Tournament
- Myatt Snider Speaks With High School Students About Safe Driving
- Medical update on NTT IndyCar Series driver Ed Jones
- TrüNorth GlobalTM Partners with Martinsville Speedway For TrüNorth Global 250
- Fan Favorite BMS Transporter Parade Moved To Food City 500 Weekend