Todd Gilliland overcame damage to the No. 4 Mobil 1 Tundra to score another top-10 finish in the Strat 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Gilliland qualified his machine in the 13th position, but quickly moved into the top 10, where he stayed for the remainder of the race, before bringing it home in the 7th position.
Stage One Recap:
- Gilliland started the Strat 200 in the 13th position, but quickly moved into the top 10 by the first caution period on lap 7.
- The 18-year-old reported that his Tundra was really coming to him after the first run.
- Following the first stage, Richmond brought Gilliland to pit road for two fresh tires, fuel and adjustments to address the handling condition.
Stage Two Recap:
- Gilliland began the second stage in the third position, but was soon bypassed by trucks with fresher tires.
- The young driver hung on to finish the stage in the fourth position, and Richmond called him to pit road for adjustments, four Goodyear tires and Sunoco fuel.
Stage Three Recap:
- Gilliland began the final 74-lap stage in eighth and maintained that position for most of the final laps.
- During green flag stops with 21 laps to go, Richmond called Gilliland to pit road for two tires and fuel, and when stops cycled back around, the No. 4 was in the seventh position, where he finished the race.
- Following the race, the No. 4 team discovered damage to the left front of the Mobil 1 Tundra.