Burton Learns with Every Lap and Finishes 11th at Homestead
Harrison Burton made his second intermediate-track start of his career Friday night at Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway. Although it wasn't the finish he wanted, Burton ran every lap and learned a lot which he can use next season when he returns to Kyle Busch Motorsports to compete for the 2019 championship.
Stage One Recap:
- Burton started 14th in his DEX Imaging Tundra.
- In the first 30-lap stage, Burton worked his way up to 11th.
- He pitted for four tires and fuel on lap 32.
Stage Two Recap:
- Burton restarted the second stage in ninth place.
- He told the team his DEX Imaging Tundra was tight center and free off the corners.
- He was 14th on lap 60 when the second stage ended and pitted for four tires and an air pressure adjustment.
Stage Three Recap:
- Burton was 10th to start the final 74-lap stage of the race.
- Without any cautions in the final stage, the field began to cycle through green-flag pit stops around lap 100.
- Burton pitted on lap 101 for his final four tires and fuel and was 12th once everyone had come to pit road.
- He worked his way up to 11th where he finished the race.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
More in this category: « Hattori Racing exceeds all expectations in 2018 Gilliland Finishes 13th Searching for Speed at Homestead »