Todd Gilliland won his first career NCWTS pole Saturday at Martinsville Speedway, despite not having any practice due to rain all day on Friday. Gilliland led the first 39 laps of the race, but his JBL/SiriusXM Tundra tightened up as the race progressed. At the end of the 200-lap event he was 12th.
Stage One Recap:
- Gilliland started from the pole, followed by his KBM teammates Harrison Burton and Noah Gragson.
- Gilliland paced the first 39 laps of the race until he pitted under caution so he could stay out when the stage ended on lap 50 and regain his track position.
- He was 12th when Stage One ended on lap 50.
Stage Two Recap:
- The pit strategy did not work out quite as planned since some trucks did not pit at all. Gilliland was seventh for the restart.
- With 10 laps to go in the stage, he was blocked in behind a few trucks and split the middle between them to move up to third.
- Gilliland was fourth when Stage Two ended and pitted for four tires and fuel.
Stage Three Recap:
- Gilliland restarted the final stage in fifth.
- His JBL/SiriusXM Tundra was very tight and not as good as it was at the start of the race.
- When a caution came on lap 154, crew chief Marcus Richmond called Gilliland to pit road for four tires since he seemed to have a tire rub. They also made adjustments to try to free up the Tundra.
- Gilliland was back in 15th when the race resumed and he spent the remainder of the race fighting to get his track position back.
- He finished the race in 12th place.