Carrollton Native Jesse Iwuji Looking to Make History in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Debut Sunday
Jesse Iwuji (pronounced A-WOO-G), a surface warfare officer and lieutenant in the United States Navy, will become the first active duty naval officer to start a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race when the green flag flies Sunday at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Ontario (1:30 p.m. CT, FOX Sports 1). He will be driving the No. 34 Chevrolet Silverado for Reaume Brothers Racing.
Born in Dallas, Iwuji was a First-Team, All-District outside linebacker on the football team and earned three letters in track while at Hebron High School before graduating in 2005. He was recruited by the U.S. Naval Academy, where he'd compete in both sports for all four years.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- MoneyLion and Ford Performance Introduces Sweepstakes To Give Away Three Custom Mustangs Built By Team Penske Drivers
- Bristol Burnout Fitness Competition Comes To The Colosseum
- Friday Night Thunder at Kingsport Speedway
- David Ragan to Bring Shriners Hospitals for Children Colors to Talladega
- Joey Gase, NASCAR Driver and Donor Son to Honor Jonathan “Mr. NASCAR” Merritt