Gilliland's Night Ends Early at Iowa
Todd Gilliland came to Iowa Speedway looking to add another win to his racing resume after two victories there in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West, but it wasn't meant to be Saturday night in the M&M's 200. The No. 4 JBL/SiriusXM Tundra incurred damage on lap 25 and eventually cut a right-front tire on lap 102 to end the race in 29th place.
Stage One Recap:
- Gilliland started the M&M's 200 in fourth place.
- He reported his No. 4 JBL/SiriusXM Tundra was loose, but still maintained third place.
- On lap 24, he got loose in turn one and pancaked the wall with the right side of the Tundra. He pitted to make what repairs the team could and returned to the race in 24th place.
- He finished the first 60-lap stage in 21st place.
Stage Two Recap:
- Gilliland started the second stage 21st and did the best he could with a damaged truck.
- While running 20th, he cut a right-front tire on lap 102 and hit the wall again, which ended his race. He was credited with a 29th-place finish.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Power claims inaugural COTA pole, 56th of his career
- TruNorth Global 250 Results from Martinsville Speedway
- NASCAR’s Angela Ruch Signs with Niece Motorsports
- TruNorth Global 250 Starting Lineup at Martinsville
- Matt DiBenedetto Visits Virginia Beach in Advance of the TOYOTA OWNERS 400 at Richmond Raceway
More in this category: « Burton Wins Pole and Earns Career-Best Truck Finish at Iowa Gragson Comes Up Just Short of Victory After Attempting 'Video Game' Move in Final Corner at Iowa »